We are again inviting Washington State community or technical college students who are studying information technology or computer science to enter 2013 The Life of an IT Professional: A Five Minute Story competition.
The Center now has a library featuring the video profiles of 11 IT professionals (IP support specialist, development/platform evangelist, systems administrator, senior test engineer, applications developer, lead developer, web designer, web developer, quality assurance engineer, software engineer, business intelligence and data analyst manager). These IT professionals discusses educational background, what they do in their job on a daily basis, the key skills needed to work as an IT professional, and what makes their jobs exciting and challenging.
The competition is again open through April 2013. This is a great opportunity for students to showcase their video skills, find out about a career in information and computing technology, add something substantive to their resumes, become comfortable in an interview situation, as well as having your video highlighted and featured on the Center’s website.
Students are invited to submit their videos to the Center of Excellence.
Details as follows:
- $1,000 for the student whose video is awarded the recognition award.
- The Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology’s industry advisory board will be judging the videos.
- Four other IT industry professional profile videos will be produced by videography students and will be published on the Center’s website.
Submission Deadline is: Friday, April 19, 2013
Prize Announcement: Friday, May 31, 2013Email your video file to maureen.majury@bellevuecollege, or mail it to Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology Bellevue College 3000 Landerholm Circle S.E., N211 Bellevue, Washington 98007 Attention: Maureen Majury
Find out about the 2011 Recognition Award Recipient Robert Johnson, Jr. of Shoreline Community College. Also, take a look He iis the 2011 recognition award recipient. Find out more about Robert.
More information about our News & Events
- Hiring Our Heroes: Panel Presentation for IT Academic & Career Pathways
- Creating IT Futures: 2019 Summit
- Careers in IT: The Real Story
- Program Details
- Careers in IT: The Real Story (2013 Keynote, Industry Panel, Behind the Scenes Videos)
- ROI and Evaluative Data
- Careers in IT: The Real Story (2011 PPT & Video)
- Careers in IT: The Real Story (2012 Industry Panel Video)
- Pathways to IT Applied Baccalaureate Degrees for WA State Students Summit
- Industry Invitation to Pathways to IT Applied Baccalaureate Degrees for WA State Students
- ROI and Evaluative Data
- 2013 IT Pathways Summit: Videos, PowerPoint Presentation, and Curricular Materials
- Pathways to IT Applied Baccalaureate Degrees for WA State Students Summit Agenda
- IT Futures Summit 2018: The Highlights, IT Jeopardy Champs, and IT Faculty Professional Development Scholarship Recipients Presentations
- IT Futures Education Summit at Microsoft
- STEM Summit
- 2011 STEM Summit: Keynote Speaker, Videos, and PowerPoint Presentations
- 2012 STEM Summit: Videos, PowerPoint Presentations, and Curricular Materials
- “The Life of an IT Professional: A Five Minute Story” Video Competition
- Mandatory Release Forms for Student and IT Professional
- Overview of Competition: Tips on Recruiting, Interviewing, and a Faculty Advisor
- List of Sample Question for Video Interview and Sample Recruitment/Introduction Email or Phone Inquiry
- Robert Johnson, Jr. is the Award Recognition Recipient for 2011
- “The Life of an IT Professional: A Five Minute Story” Video Series
- Learn IT Technology Today for Tomorrow
- What Your IT Faculty and Teachers Need to Know
- Working Connections IT Faculty Development Institute