About the Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology
Headquartered at Bellevue College in Washington State, the Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology (CoE for ICT) is a statewide resource for:
- Community and technical colleges
- K-20 educational system
- Information technology (ICT) industry
CoE for ICT, as an information resource and solutions-provider regarding model educational programs, supplies:
- Best practices for ICT education and training
- Up-to-date research, including IT trends that impact hiring and educational needs and business growth across industry sectors in Washington State
- Information dissemination
- K-20 faculty professional development conferences and student events
As a Washington State Center of Excellence, the Center of Excellence for ICT adheres to the State’s vision, mission and core expectations:
Washington shall become a national model in developing partnerships among business, industry and education for the purpose of enhancing economic and workforce development initiatives to meet the current and future needs of the industries critical to the state’s economic vitality.
Washington’s Centers of Excellence shall serve as the statewide liaisons to business, industry, labor, and the state’s educational systems for the purpose of creating a highly skilled and readily available workforce critical to the success of the industries driving the state’s economy and supporting Washington families.
- Ensure the efficient use of state resources for workforce development activities and initiatives by fostering a culture of cooperation within the Community & Technical College (CTC) system
- Provide leadership by representing the Washington CTC system, local business and industry in state, national and international industry specific forums, activities and economic development initiatives
- Serve as a resource for the creation and sharing of model curricula, educational pathways, degree/certificate programs, industry specific skill standards and best practices
- Demonstrate excellence in communication and collaboration while fostering synergistic interconnectedness of Washington’s economic, workforce development and education systems
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of the Center of Excellence programs and services
CoE for ICT is affiliated with IBIT and hosted at Bellevue College, Bellevue, Washington State.
Sponsored by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges, CoE for ICT is one of eleven Centers of Excellence in Washington and the one Center devoted to the Information and Computing Technology industry sector.
The CoE for ICT’s 2011-2012 Self-Assessment Report is available for upload and review.
The CoE for ICT’s 2010-2011 annual report is available for upload and review.
The Coe for ICT Final Report 2009-2010 is available for upload and review.