Information and Computing Technology Degree and Certificate Industry Review Service for Washington State Community and Technical
The Center works with its IT/CS industry professionals (from multiple career pathways – web programming, programming, development, engineers, networking, systems, database, hardware/software technicians, and gaming, etc.) to review Washington state CTC IT/CS program degrees and certificates each year that are currently in place (one degree or certificate per college). The Center announces annually when it will be accepting applications for its review session at no charge. The deadline for the 2018-2019 IT program reviews October 25, 2018.
Note: The Center will, as time allows, accept requests for additional program reviews, from colleges who do not formally apply through the application process. These can include high-level, shorter IT or BAS-proposal reviews.
Since 2009, the Center has performed 60+ ICT degree/certificate reviews (including proposals for IT applied baccalaureate degrees) at no charge for Washington State community and technical colleges. After a comprehensive review by industry professionals, a custom report summarizing the recommendations made by the industry review team, as well as provide a high-level workforce trend scan, employment trends if applicable, and possibilities for emerging trends that might impact curricular changes or developments is issued to the college that submitted an IT program, degree, or certificate for review. The Center also performs high-level reviews of IT programs and specific degrees. Additionally, it has performed over twenty occupational scans, including the requisite IT technical knowledge and skills, that assess employer demand.
More information about our Services
- Consulting: Program Review and Audits
- Review of IT/CS CTC Programs (Degrees & Certificates) by Industry Professionals
- IT/CS Program Review Application Form
- 2010 Evaluative Data & ROI Report
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- Open Invitation for Participate as an Industry Professional Reviewer of State IT Curriculum
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Fall)
- 2012 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- 2013-2014: IT Program Re-Envision Visiting Tour (Free Service)
- REGIONAL IT COLLABORATIVE (RITC) OF KING COUNTY
- WAInfoTech: Statewide IT Program Marketing Campaign