Building Your Web 2.0 Website with WordPress
The first in this series is: Building Your Web 2.0 Website with WordPress (Completed: 28 in attendance)
Friday/Saturday, November 4/5, 2011, 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Friday) & 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Saturday), Bellevue College, $100
What do you get for the $100 registration fee?
- Two-days of excellent instruction from Juan Ulloa
- Breakfast, lunch, and a p.m. snack
- Curricular materials as well as textbook(s)
- An exciting give-away opportunity
Faculty Audience: All disciplines
Prerequisites: 1) Ability to create and organize files and folders using Windows is essential; and, 2) Web Savvy: comfort with browsing the web and using web-based resources.
Course Description: Do you want to build a Website using Web 2.0 tools and technologies to better talk about the work you do and classes you teach? This workshop will teach how to quickly build a website that utilizes blogging and uses web-based video (YouTube/Vimeo), RSS feeds and integrates with your communications in Twitter, Facebook and Flickr. You’ll also learn the basics of tracking the usage of your website to measure how your website is being used.
You will learn how to do this using WordPress, the most popular open source content management system. You will also learn how to tap into the WordPress community so you can do all of this with minimal knowledge of web development.
- Learn and build a website with WordPress
- Learn to use themes and plugins on your WordPress website to get your site to look and behave the way you need it to
- Understand and apply the aesthetic elements of user interface (UI) that create an appealing website.
- Understand and apply Web 2.0 tools to enhance a website
- Understand and apply Google Analytics to track and monitor your website’s traffic and why people visit your website