Part-Time Administrative Assistant Needed for Center Employment
Part-Time Hourly Administrative Assistant Needed
Pay: $15 per hour
Hours: 2.5 hours in the afternoon (exact hours TBD), Mondays through Thursday (more hours for actual events and special projects may be required)
Responsibilities: Reserve rooms for events, work with BC catering and events services, communicate with internal and external professionals via phone/email, word processing, process paperwork, file, edit and create documents, general coordination of projects and events.
Required Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Independent, self-motivated individual who can function efficiently with limited supervision
- Ability to complete projects, assignments within a given time-line
- Reliable follow up with director on status of projects and assignments
- Strong editing and proof-reading (command of grammar, spelling, spell-check, etc.)
- General math-skills related to accounting
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software (word, excel, outlook, etc.)
- Ability to coordinate and handle multiple assignments
- Effective email and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of general Bellevue College campus offices and functions
- A minimum of two years of general office/administrative work experience
- A minimum of one year of community or technical college coursework
About the Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology
The Center of Excellence (coeforict.org) is housed at Bellevue College and the director reports to Bellevue College’s Institute for Business and Information Technology.
The Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology’s (CoE for ICT) three primary commitments in serving the community and technical college system (CTC) in its entirety are:
- Provide high-quality, effective, free and/or reasonably priced innovative opportunities such as events, services, research, resources for ICT educators.
- Partner, recruit, solicit advice and input, as well as sponsorships and in-kind donations, from industry to better align CTC students educational experience to current and future workforce needs, as well as utilizing the expertise from the industry advisory board to inform strategic Center objectives.
- Present transparent information related to state-funded work Center products and programs so stakeholders are confident of: 1) cost-efficiencies; 2) a return on the annual investment; 3) the evaluative data demonstrating success; and, 4) tangible system value.
Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, two professional reference contacts to Maureen Majury at maureen.majury@bellevuecollege, or mail them Ms. Majury’s attention at: CoE for ICT, Bellevue College, 3000 Landerholm Circle S.E., N211, Bellevue, Washington 98007
Priority consideration will be given to applicants who submit required materials by Friday, October 21, 2011. After that deadline, open until filled.