2012 Working Connections National Fellowship Recipients
The Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology is providing four Center-sponsored fellowships to Washington State educators. These fellowships will afford educators the opportunity to go attend the June 11-15 Working Connections in Iowa offered this summer.
The recipients are as follows:
- Adam Coleman, Clark College
- Judith Graham, Bates Technical College
- Lee Falta, Bellingham Technical College
- George Neal, South Puget Sound
Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, Iowa
June 11 – 15, 2012
The following will be covered by the Working Connections Fellowship:
- Rental Car
- Food Allowance
- Any full- or part-time CTC faculty or 7-12 grade educator currently teaching information, computing, or business technology courses/classrooms is eligible.
- Provide the Center of Excellence with copies of any curricular materials from the training (including syllabus, training hand-outs, the title of the textbook, any projects or materials created by the scholarship recipient upon completion of the training, etc.)
- Provide a three-page report on what was learned as a result of the training; any new best practices developed as a result of the training; implementation plans for the fall 2012-spring 2013 classroom; and, any changes in the new or updated technology that was covered in the training. The report is due no later than June 30, 2012 for the Iowa Western Community College Working Connections.
- Please complete this fellowship application no later than 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
- Each application will be assigned a number. That number will be emailed to you no later than Thursday, May 10, 2012.
- No later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, May 10th, 2012, a Center of Excellence Industry Advisory Board member will randomly select four numbers.
- The four fellowship recipients will be notified no later than Friday, May 11, 2012 via email.
- The Center will facilitate the registration, travel arrangements, and with the food allowance.
Any questions can be directed to Maureen Majury, Director, at 425.564.4229 or maureen.majury@bellevue college.edu.