WA State Community/Technical College & University Online Searchable Information and Computing Technology (ICT)Program & Resource Guide
The Washington State Directory of Community and Technical College (CTC) Information and Technology Program (ICT) Program & Resource Guide a searchable database of all IT programs in the CTC system.
The IT and CS degree and certificate guide is housed in the YourFuturein.IT site. The Center of Excellence’s funded the development piece of the searchable database which can also be found on YourFuturein.IT website. So, you don’t have to thumb through a document to find a degree or certificate from both 2- and 4-year colleges. By typing in, for example, “web design” you can pull up all the degrees and certificates offered with that two-word search. This also enables colleges to notify the Center (who will be reviewing links every quarter to make sure they are up-to-date) out of cycle if the link is either broken or has changed. Additionally, there is an interactive map; and specific program and college and university information for each degree or certificate. Users can also search by the following IT academic/career pathways and go directly to a comprehensive list of all colleges and universities within the IT pathway.
- Application Development & Software Engineering
- Systems & Network Administration
- Web Design, Development & Digital Communications
Please contact the Center with any feedback on this new searchable IT or CS degree and certificate database.
2013 Information and Computing Technology Degree and Certificate IT Program & Resource Guide for Washington State’s 2- and 4-Year College and Universities
The prior year’s guides (formerly called directories, see below) devote one-page to each of the state’s community and technical college ICT programs, if offered at the college, and details the title(s) of the program, a program overview, the technical knowledge and skills students will have gained by the time they graduate, degree and certificate options and who to contact for further information. These prior editions can still be used as an excellent resource for career counselors, academic advisors, students, parents and industry to review, compare and consider career pathways leading towards a career as an information and computing technology professional. Please note: These editions are not as current as the online searchable directory; however, they do provide an overview of the IT industry and career pathways.
All the colleges will have an opportunity to submit updates to their program details on an annual basis. The next call for updates will be in September of 2012.
All the colleges will have an opportunity to submit updates to their program details on an annual basis. The next call for updates will be December 2011.
The Washington State Directory of Community and Technical College (CTC) Information and Technology Program (2010 Edition) is still available in a PDF format.
More information about our Resources
- Center Newsletters, News, and Updates August 12, 2009
- Video Series August 12, 2009
- IT Curriculum August 12, 2009
- I-Best Curriculum August 16, 2009
- IT News and Featured Articles January 8, 2012
- IT Applied Baccalaureate Degree Resources June 25, 2014
- IT Faculty Professional Development August 24, 2021
- WA State Community/Technical College & University Online Searchable Information and Computing Technology (ICT)Program & Resource Guide August 12, 2009
- Programs of Study Report & User Guide August 16, 2009
- WA State CTC IT Faculty Professional Development Training Scholarships for 2019-2020 August 13, 2017
- Center of Excellence Presentations and PowerPoints August 11, 2011
- Centers of Excellence 2011 High Impact Report October 14, 2011
- White Papers, Research Reports, Publications of Note December 29, 2011
- Working Connection Fellowship Reports: Best Practices, Curriculum, Lesson Plans, and More… June 20, 2012
- Information Technology (IT) CTC Courses: 2014 – 2016 January 17, 2014
- Your Future in IT: The IT Resource for Students in Washington State April 27, 2014
- WAInfoTechTalks: IT & Disruptive Technology Podcast Series June 20, 2016
- IR4: A Mobilized WA State June 26, 2019
- IT Skill Standards August 26, 2021
- Labor Market Information August 26, 2021