IT Faculty Professional Development
The Center of Excellence for Information & Computing Technology (COE) provides resources for IT faculty throughout Washington’s community and technical college system, including funding for professional development.
Faculty are encouraged to apply for funding to participate in activities that enhance their capabilities as an IT instructor and bring new tools and technologies into the classroom.
- Full- and part-time IT faculty from Washington’s community and technical colleges are eligible to apply
- Eligible IT programs include: information technology/information systems, software and application development, network and systems administration, cybersecurity, IT service/support, web/game design and development, database management/administration, programming, data analytics, etc.
- Eligible activities may include: conference attendance, trainings, books/course materials, one-year subscriptions, short courses or certifications, tools/equipment, and more.
- Funded activities must be paid and/or reimbursed by May 31st, 2022. Any awards not paid by that time will be considered void and applicants would need to reapply in future award cycles.
- If your activity can not be purchased/paid by the May 31st deadline, please apply in a future award cycle (e.g. conference registrations which do not open until after May 31st)
- The maximum individual award for 21-22 is $1,000.
- If awarded, any costs above the awarded amount are the responsibility of the individual and/or their college.
- Awardees must submit an itemized invoice and receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- The COE does NOT fund: general scholarships, faculty time, activities unrelated to information technology, or activities without demonstrated positive impact on programs/students.
Application & Selection Process
- Submit completed applications within the deadlines listed below
- Applicants must indicate that they have support from their Dean to participate in the activity
- Funds will not be awarded for activities that have already taken place or expenses already incurred; please plan carefully and take note of deadlines when applying.
- Applications will be reviewed by COE staff and all applicants will be notified of decision
- All award decisions are made by the COE and its Advisory Board.
Dates & Deadlines for 2021-2022
- First round application deadline: Friday, November 19th, 2021
- Notification of awards: Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- Second round application deadline, if funds are still available: Friday, March 18th, 2022
- Notification of awards: Friday, April 1st, 2022
- All payments and reimbursements need to be complete by May 31st, 2022
More information about our Resources
- Center Newsletters, News, and Updates August 12, 2009
- Video Series August 12, 2009
- IT Curriculum August 12, 2009
- I-Best Curriculum August 16, 2009
- IT News and Featured Articles January 8, 2012
- IT Applied Baccalaureate Degree Resources June 25, 2014
- IT Faculty Newsletters November 2, 2021
- IT Faculty Professional Development August 24, 2021
- WA State Community/Technical College & University Online Searchable Information and Computing Technology (ICT)Program & Resource Guide August 12, 2009
- Programs of Study Report & User Guide August 16, 2009
- WA State CTC IT Faculty Professional Development Training Scholarships for 2019-2020 August 13, 2017
- Center of Excellence Presentations and PowerPoints August 11, 2011
- Centers of Excellence 2011 High Impact Report October 14, 2011
- White Papers, Research Reports, Publications of Note December 29, 2011
- Working Connection Fellowship Reports: Best Practices, Curriculum, Lesson Plans, and More… June 20, 2012
- Information Technology (IT) CTC Courses: 2014 – 2016 January 17, 2014
- Your Future in IT: The IT Resource for Students in Washington State April 27, 2014
- WAInfoTechTalks: IT & Disruptive Technology Podcast Series June 20, 2016
- IR4: A Mobilized WA State June 26, 2019
- IT Skill Standards August 26, 2021
- Labor Market Information August 26, 2021