IT Faculty Professional Development
The fall faculty professional development application is now open – apply by October 28th.
The Center of Excellence for Information & Computing Technology provides professional development funding for IT faculty from Washington’s community and technical colleges to enhance instructional capabilities and bring new tools and technologies into the classroom.
Please review these guidelines carefully before applying.
- Full- and part-time IT faculty from Washington’s community and technical colleges are eligible to apply
- Eligible IT programs include: information technology/information systems, software and application development, network and systems administration, cybersecurity, IT service/support, web/game design and development, database management/administration, programming, data analytics, computer science, etc.
- Eligible activities may include: conference registration, trainings, short courses or certifications, books/course materials, one-year subscriptions, tools/equipment, and more.
- Funded activities must be paid and reimbursed by May 31st, 2023. Any awards not paid by that time will be considered void and applicants would need to reapply in future award cycles.
- If your activity can not be purchased/paid by the May 31st deadline, please apply in a future award cycle (e.g. conference registrations which do not open until after May 31st).
- The maximum individual award for 22-23 is $1,500.
- If awarded, any costs above the awarded amount are the responsibility of the individual and/or their college.
- Awardees must submit an itemized invoice and receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- We do NOT fund: general scholarships, faculty time, activities unrelated to information technology, or activities without demonstrated positive impact on programs/students.
Application & Selection Process
- Applicants must indicate that they have support from their Dean to participate in the activity
- Submit completed applications within the deadlines listed below
- Funds will not be awarded for activities that have already taken place or expenses already incurred (before award date of November 4th); please plan carefully and take note of deadlines when applying
- Applications will be reviewed by COE staff and all applicants will be notified of decision
- All award decisions are made by the COE and its Advisory Board
Dates & Deadlines for 2022-2023
- Fall application deadline: Friday, October 28th, 2022
- Notification of awards: Friday, November 4th, 2022
- All payments and reimbursements need to be completed by May 31st, 2023