Your Future in IT: The IT Resource for Students in Washington State
Your Future in IT is a website that has a number of resources, planning tools, and information for Washington State students interested in their future in IT.
The website has the following planning tools:
- IT academic planning guide for students beginning in 9th grade and continuing through college or university. A student can create a customized personal account to track academic progress (courses they should take to ensure a robust IT program of study), extra-curricular activities, certifications, and recommended elective courses.
- IT interest quiz that is a fun and fast way to learn which IT career pathway is right for a student, based upon their interests, thought-processes, and personality. The quiz is meant to help students identify their strengths and match them up with a specific IT pathway. It also shows students an array of job titles, descriptions, and salaries.
- Washington State college and university searchable database with every degree and certificate offered. There is detailed information about the college or university, the IT courses for each degree or certificate, as well as IT program specifics.
- A User Guide for students, educators, counselors, and parents which gives a quick overview of how to use the website.
The website also has informational articles, resources, for:
More information about our Resources
- Center Newsletters, News, and Updates
- Video Series
- IT Curriculum
- I-Best Curriculum
- IT News and Featured Articles
- IT Applied Baccalaureate Degree Resources
- WA State Community/Technical College & University Online Searchable Information and Computing Technology (ICT)Program & Resource Guide
- Programs of Study Report & User Guide
- Programs of Study for 2011-2012
- Programs of Study for 2012-2013
- WA State CTC IT Faculty Professional Development Training Scholarships for 2019-2020
- Center of Excellence Presentations and PowerPoints
- Centers of Excellence 2011 High Impact Report
- White Papers, Research Reports, Publications of Note
- Working Connection Fellowship Reports: Best Practices, Curriculum, Lesson Plans, and More…
- Information Technology (IT) CTC Courses: 2014 – 2016
- CTCITC 110: Introduction to Information Technology
- CTCITC 111: Programming I & CTCITC 112: Programming II
- CTCITC 113: Data Structures
- CTCITC 114: Database Design & Implementation
- CTCITC 115: Introduction to Networking
- CTCITC 116: Introduction to Operating Systems (OS)
- CTCITC 117: Security (+)
- CTCITC 119: Web Programming using Databases
- CTCITC 118: Web Design & Development – Introduction to HTML5 & CSS
- Your Future in IT: The IT Resource for Students in Washington State
- WAInfoTechTalks: IT & Disruptive Technology Podcast Series
- IR4: A Mobilized WA State