Return on Investment
The ICT seven college program (degree/certificate) review’s costs are as follows:
$1,125 15 of the 29 ICT industry professionals accepted the $75 stipend for their two- to three-hours of service.
$2,800 Personnel costs for facilitating seven sessions.
$500 Food and beverages provided for ICT reviewers
$600 Facilities (in-kind as hosted at Bellevue College)
$25 Printing & Materials
If each college had done an independent ICT review for a program degree or certificate, it would have entailed the minimum following hours per task (does not include the mentoring, advice to continue through June 2011):
2 hours to meet with and understand client needs
24 hours to develop a process, including reviewing the current program
8 hours to recruit, outline expectations, and confirm for the review a minimum of four ICT professionals
5 hours to prepare, facilitate review, and ensure payment to ICT industry professionals
8 hours to transcribe ICT review team recommendations, verify validity of recommendations, research workforce demand, and prepare report
3 hours to follow up, vet the report, create an evaluative process, and communicate/follow-up with the college and ICT industry professionals
50 hours at $150* per hour = $7,500
* Due to economic changes, the Center believes the $150 per hour rate is a 2011 reality.
X 7 colleges = $52,500
* 96% cost savings for the taxpayer, or $47,450. This does not include the changes the colleges might make if they implement the recommendations and increase a) enrollments; b) student satisfaction; c) increased employment and/or articulation. This will be assessed in 2011.
More information about our Review of IT/CS CTC Programs (Degrees & Certificates) by Industry Professionals
- IT/CS Program Review Application Form
- 2010 Evaluative Data & ROI Report
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- Open Invitation for Participate as an Industry Professional Reviewer of State IT Curriculum
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Fall)
- 2012 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- 2013-2014: IT Program Re-Envision Visiting Tour (Free Service)