IT Program Re-Envision Visiting Tour (Free Service): Between October 2013 and May 2014, the Center director will travel to a maximum of five upper & lower Western and Eastern Washington community and technical colleges (or, invite them for a three-day visit to the host college, Bellevue) and spend up to one-week with their IT Workforce Dean/VP, Program/Division Chair, and faculty to review IT program degrees and certificates.
After the visit, the Center will do the following (again, at no charge to the college):
- Perform research on labor demand, trends, emerging technologies and projected career pathways, as well as other research as identified by respective college(s)
- Work with IT industry professional teams to create solutions and new opportunities for IT program
- Provide a summary report of strengths, challenges, and potential new directions for program
- Support and discuss with the colleges any potential plans to offer an IT Applied Baccalaureate (AB), and assist upon request in the development of an IT AB.
Colleges may contact the Center on a first-come, first serve basis, to request a tour. The Center will try to schedule these tours; if the colleges in Eastern Washington, for example around the same time to minimize wasted resources (i.e. travel expenses for the Center). Please note: this service is available primarily for colleges that reside outside, King, Kitsap, and Snohomish. However, if this service is not at the maximum of five by January 2014, then other colleges that lie within King, Kitsap, and Snohomish counties, who submitted a request, will be eligible for a tour.
Please contact Maureen Majury between September and November 2013 to request a tour at email@example.com
Update: As of January 2014, the following colleges have utilized this service for an IT program review and/or IT Applied Baccalaureate proposal reviews, industry recruitment for curriculum reviews, advice and vision-development for a new IT Applied Baccalaureate degree.
- Clark College
- Bates Technical College
- Green River Community College
- Lower Columbia College
- North Seattle Community College
- Olympic College
- Renton Technical College
- Walla Walla Community College
The Center will open this service up again, with an announcement, if all deliverables to the current “customer” colleges have been met by April 2014. This service will be reviewed for effectiveness by the colleges that used this service, and will be offered again for the 2014-2015 year.
More information about our Review of IT/CS CTC Programs (Degrees & Certificates) by Industry Professionals
- IT/CS Program Review Application Form
- 2010 Evaluative Data & ROI Report
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- Open Invitation for Participate as an Industry Professional Reviewer of State IT Curriculum
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Fall)
- 2012 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- 2013-2014: IT Program Re-Envision Visiting Tour (Free Service)