We are asking you to participate as a paid Information and Computing technology (ICT) professional and subject matter expert for a two-hour review of a Washington State Community or Technical College’s (CTC) ICT program material (including the compilation of courses which make up the degrees and/or certificates as well as course descriptions).
Due to the popularity of this service, which is offered at no charge to all 34 community and technical colleges, we are receiving an increase in demand for IT degree and/or certificate reviews. And, we are happy to provide this service to our state’s CTC system.
The reviews will take place on Thursday and Friday, December 6th and 7th, 2012, at Bellevue College.
We invite IT professionals because they have:
1) Participated in the 2010-2012 ICT Program Review Process;
2) Participated as speaker, panelist, or presenter at a Center of Excellence for ICT-sponsored event or summit;
3) Are a CoE industry advisory board member;
4) Have a professional relationship with the Center or Bellevue College; or,
5) Expressed interest in participating.
We are opening up the process so we can expand our base of IT professionals who can participate as reviewers.
If you are available for two hours to review one of up to seven state’s ICT program degree or certificates we will be providing a $75 stipend, as well as food/beverages, and we reimburse for mileage if you wish. Please share with colleagues who might be interested in helping our State with this service.
The seven, two-hour sessions will be structured as follows for both days and will be facilitated by Maureen Majury. You will need to choose at least one of the 10am-12pm, 1pm to 3pm, or 4pm to 6pm session on Thursday and Friday. If you want to participate in more than one, we would appreciate that and will pay you an additional $75 for any additional reviews.
- 1pm to 3pm
- 4pm to 6pm
You will be working in teams between three and five ICT industry professionals, as you review the program of the college assigned to you. Additionally, if you think any of your colleagues might be interested and available, we would appreciate you passing on this invitation to them.
Please let us know which time slot(s) you are available for. (You may list more than one if you would like, which would help in the scheduling process). If you would like to play an important role in this crucial process, please let us know if you are interested by Friday, November 23, 2012.
The Center of Excellence of Information and Computing Technology (CoE for ICT) is an information resource and solutions-provider regarding model educational programs, supplying the following:
- Best practices for IT education and training
- Up-to-date research, including IT trends that impact hiring and educational needs and business growth across industry sectors in Washington State
- Information dissemination
- K-20 faculty professional development conferences and student events
This is one of the Center’s core services since 2009.
The Center of Excellence for IT will again be reviewing a minimum of twelve state CTC IT/CS programs (a degree or certificate) currently in place throughout the 2012-2013 year on a first-come-first-serve basis. The review groups will assess alignment of program course offerings and curriculum to determine if the programs are currently preparing students to successfully enter the workforce.
For further information, you may read a more detailed outline of the process at the CoE for ICT website.
We appreciate your consideration and interest. If you have any questions or comments please contact the Center’s director (details below)
Maureen Majury, M.Ed.
Director, Center of Excellence for Information and Computing Technology
located at Bellevue College
3000 Landerholm Circle S.E., N211
Bellevue, Washington 98007
More information about our Review of IT/CS CTC Programs (Degrees & Certificates) by Industry Professionals
- IT/CS Program Review Application Form
- 2010 Evaluative Data & ROI Report
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- Open Invitation for Participate as an Industry Professional Reviewer of State IT Curriculum
- 2011 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Fall)
- 2012 Evaluative Data & ROI Report (Spring)
- 2013-2014: IT Program Re-Envision Visiting Tour (Free Service)