Creating IT Futures: Summit 2015 AGENDA
CREATING IT FUTURES: 2015 SUMMIT
Mercer Island Community & Event Center, 8236 SE 24th Street,
Mercer Island, WA 98040/tel (206) 275-7609
The Mercer Room
Thursday, May 14, 2015, 9:30AM to 3:30PM
Friday May 15, 2015, 10:00AM to 1:00PM
Day 1: Thursday, May 14, 2015
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
Registration & Breakfast
10:00 AM to 10:15 AM
Welcome, Introductions, and Review Agenda
10:15 AM to 11:15 AM
IT Common Courses (Break out into three groups – pre-assigned)
- Complete the work for the next 4 IT common courses and come to consensus on adoption. (Review the courses here…ahead of time in order to prepare for the discussion and adoption process)
- Discuss the survey results of proceeding with the formal common course numbering (CCN) state board process. Decide whether a simple majority is needed for moving forward, or if a higher % of agreement is needed.
11:15 AM to 11:30 AM
11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Overview of the Common Course Numbering (CCN) process, Joyce Hammer, SBCTC
- What it entails, the strengths and challenges of this opportunity
State of IT BAS degrees across the State
- IT Applied Baccalaureate degrees: Receive updates on current, planned, and tentative IT Applied Baccalaureate degrees across the state.
- Discuss best practices.
- Update from Joyce Hammer on IT BAS programs statewide.
12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
Industry Feedback and Questions
- At each table there will be one to two industry professionals in your group.
- This is your opportunity to ask them about the state of the industry
- Provide them with IT curriculum or program questions, examples, challenges and opportunities
- Brainstorm with them on what the next two to five years will look like in the IT world
- What convergent technologies might impact existing or create new IT programs (degrees/certs.), etc.
1:30 PM to 1:45 PM
1:45 PM to 2:00 PM
Overview and Update of the Statewide IT Program Marketing Plan & Progress, Maureen Majury
- An update on the status and progress of the IT Program Marketing for IT programs across the state
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Networking & Special Topics
- Each group will create a list of
- strengths and challenges facing their IT programs,
- technology trends that might impact IT programs,
- new degrees or certificates they are interested in developing, and
- ideas they have about future projects, activities, research the Center of Excellence can provide for them.
- (Select one person to facilitate this list of items to discuss with the group on Friday.)
3:00 PM to 3:15 PM
Final Thoughts/Plan of Action for Friday
- Review agenda for Friday and discuss/confirm process for decision-making/consensus on IT common course adoption.
- Report out and poll small groups for where they are at with this proposals.
Break for the Day
Day 2: Friday, May 15, 2015
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
IT Common Courses: Decisions
- Breakfast, Networking, and Review of Process for IT Common Courses
- Finalize Adoption Agreements on IT Common Courses (pursuing?) the official CCN process through the SBCTC
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Robotics, Michele Royer and Maureen Majury
- The intersection of IT and Manufacturing/Electronics
- Program possibilities
12:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Thank You, Process for Stipends for our Traveling Friends,Farewell
Note: Program subject to change.
More information about our Creating IT Futures: 2019 Summit